A lot of people write to me asking about diet and weight loss tips. I have to admit… I am not big on rules. However, there are some things that I simply DO and simply do NOT do that I can confidently tell you to follow. Stay tuned for more comprehensive information about each of these 7 key points + a video made especially for you.
The following Do’s and Don’ts are Rules to Live By to be a Healthier and Happier version of the already Awesome YOU.
- Do NOT count your calories. Instead, focus on feeding your body high quality foods that provide sustaining energy.
- DO look at the ingredients. If a product has more than one artificial flavor be suspect. If a product has high fructose corn syrup, call the authorities.
- Do NOT eat refined sugar. It’s not good for you, your kids, your grandmother, or society in general. Give it the boot. I learned this the hard way. I was a sugar addict! Not only are sugary foods budget busters… they do not provide sustainable energy and they have adverse reactions on your health. Yuck!
- DO eat organic fruits and vegetables. When I go to the grocery store, I rarely walk down the aisles of packaged foods. Most of my shopping cart is full of fresh produce.
- Do NOT drink alcohol in large quantities. Share that bottle of wine with your friends, and take a break before you uncork a new bottle. I’m actually on a detox this month – only drinking champagne! The hangover from champagne is so miserable it’s strengthening my intentions to go all the way with zero alcohol beginning in May. 😉
- DO consume other fermented foods (besides alcohol) every day, such as sauerkraut, kimchi, pickled cucumbers, yogurt, etc. These foods will support your gut, help you lose excess belly fat, and optimize your ability to digest food.
- Do NOT stop inquiring about the quality of the food you put into your body. Always be on the look out for Health!
This information is SO IMPORTANT, and I’m happy to begin sharing more of my own experience + tried and true health advice and cutting edge information from other health bloggers. There are lots of food philosophies and traditions out there, and I know there is at least one, if not a few, that will excite you to create your own Rules to Live By to be a Healthier and Happier version of the already Awesome YOU.
Do you already subscribe the Rules I just shared? What is the easiest one? What is the hardest? What is the one you’re not quite so sure about… ?
1 reply added
I like that you mentioned fermentations. I think that gut health is critical and fermentations are an important way to keep the gut healthy. Thank you for putting that on your list! It’s something too many people don’t know about.